niisonge

Default Japanese Chinese tea web sites ( UTF8)

don't know what *you* see. (my post is in Unicode UTF 8)
I get :

周打鉄茶  in Japanese
周打铁茶 in Chinese (simplified)

I see what you mean there. Changing my settings to Japanese UTF 8 shows
2 different characters. The Japanese "tie" is the simplified character.
And the Chinese "tie" is the traditional character. Switching to
Chinese UTF Traditional also shows the last character as Chinese
traditional. Switching to Chinese UTF Simplified shows both "tie"
characters as Chinese simplified text.

I think if you want to search Chinese PRC websites, you better switch
to Chinese Simplified. I learned that years ago. So I never have any
problems. Of course, it meant I had to learn Chinese simplified
characters along the way.