niisonge

Default Japanese Chinese tea web sites

You can download Asian Explorer if you want, but basically, it's just a
cheaper version of Internet Explorer, just enhanced for Asian character
sets. The copy/paste function is the most useful part of it.

But what I'm referring to is NJ Star Communicator - it's a CJK IME. The
trial version is fully functional. It's supposedly only a 30 day trial.
But it's still fully functional way beyond the trial date.

If you use NJ Star Communicator, it will automatically display the
characters on the web page in whatever character format you set the
software to load - GB, Big5, EUC, etc. So for me, traditional Chinese
web pages (doesn't matter if encoded in Big5 or unicode or utf-8) all
get loaded into simplified Chinese. If I want to change to traditional
Chinese, then I change language settings.

And inputting characters into a web search using say, GB will also
yield results in Big5, EUC, Chinese UTF simplified, Chinese UTF
traditional, Japanese Shift-JIS, Japanese UTF8, etc. So all of this
encoding stuff is really a moot point if you use a CJK IME.

If you know the Pinyin, you can find the character easily. If you are
unsure of the Pinyin, you can also switch to English to Chinese input.