Lewis Perin

Default Japanese Chinese tea web sites

"niisonge" > writes:

> [...]
>
> > > One thing, though, puzzles me about these Japanese sites for Chinese
> > > teas: some of the teas they list can only be found on Japanese sites.
> > > If a tea really is Chinese, why wouldn't it be retrievable on some
> > > Chinese site?

> I just did a search in Chinese for that Zhou Da Tie Cha, and I found
> 199 matches. All are Chinese sources. Here is one example:
>
> http://www.china-tea.org/Html/200511593644-1.html

Thanks for finding this. That site's Tie character is different from
the Japanese site's character, despite their being rendered with the
same glyph. The Chinese site's character's Unicode codepoint is
38081, while the Japanese site's is 37444. When I search using the
four characters I get 776 sites from Google.

/Lew
---
Lew Perin /