Hahabogus

Default Vegetable Oil or Olive Oil

Sylvia > wrote in
:

> > When the recipe calls for vegetable oil, I often use Extra Virgin

> Olive Oil.
>
> I do too, and have never had a problem because most baking recipes call
> for relatively small amounts of oil. I wouldn't use olive oil in
> something like a chiffon cake, where oil is a significant ingredient,
> because I don't think it would improve the taste.

I use olive oil (EVOO) in salad dressings only, because it has a nice
flavour and can balance out the dressing. I use canola oil for frying
because it is the most nuetral tasting affordable oil around. I use peanut
oil for deep frying because of it nuetral taste and high smoking point. I
use nuetral tasting oils (canola mostly), butter or margerine for baking.
There also are the oils I use to add flavour the most common being sesame
oil.