Dee Randall

Default Chicken broth

"Rodney Myrvaagnes" > wrote in message
news
> On 18 Oct 2005 00:24:02 -0500, "Bob Terwilliger"
> > wrote:
>
>>Rodney wrote:
>>
>>> I use an 8-qt stock pot, and have mostly started by roasting the bones
>>> of a chicken that we have eaten. Leek, halved onion, carrot, celery
>>> stalks, maybe a parsnip. A little tomato paste if you want it brown.
>>> peppercorns.

>>LEEK? Are you made of money? :-)
>>

> No, retired
>

> Rodney Myrvaagnes J 36 Gjo/a

Someone posted that they were able to buy leeks separately. I found some
the other day that i could buy that way. One small leek $1.20. The
potatoes didn't look good enough to buy, so no potato-leek soup. So I'm
left with the leek -- now what to do with it?
I have on hand: 1 portabella, 1 leek, American turnip, Korean Turnip,
burdock, serrano and jalapeno peppers, watercress, onions, cauliflower,
poblanos (3 large) curry leaves, schallots, beets, limes, garlic, Italian
Parsley, carrots, celery.
Where will my leek fit in!!!
Dee Dee