sarah bennett

Default Chicken broth

biig wrote:
> What is everyone's no fail recipe for a good chicken stock? I have
> two leg quarters simmering with onion, carrot, celery and a "bit" of
> salt. What else would you all put in. This will be used for a chicken
> and wild rice soup found on CD Kitchen website. This will be my first
> attempt at making stock from scratch. Thanks....Sharon

I use either a whole chicken cut up, or 3-4 pounds of legs. a few cut up
onions with skin (washed first, root ends dicarded) a peeled clove of
garlic, a few peppercorns, a bay leaf, a few sprigs of thyme, parsley
and dill. a few carrots and parsnips and stalks of celery cut up, too.
low simmer for 3-4 hours. I never add salt, because I make stock in
quantity and add salt when I make soups.

--

saerah

"It's not a gimmick, it's an incentive."- asterbark, afca

aware of the manifold possibilities of the future

"I think there's a clause in the Shaman's and Jujumen's Local #57 Union
contract that they have to have reciprocity for each other's shop rules."
-König Prüß