Marcella Peek

Default Really good Chocolate Cupcakes

In article >,
Tracy > wrote:

> De-lurking to post this recipe. I made these for a co-worker. It was
> her last day and she requested that I make them. They are amazing and
> very easy to make. The cupcake is very moist and heavy/dense. My
> only question is if I used semi-sweet- Nestles chips---would the
> ganache frosting be as good. I ask because my son can't eat
> Ghirardelli chocolate because of his nut allergy and I want to make
> these so he can enjoy too.

Not unless you think chocolate chips taste as good as Ghirardelli. If
you want good quality chocolate without the risk of nut contamination
you might try Scharffen-Berger. My niece who is deathly allergic to
nuts can eat any form of Scharffen-Berger (except milk as she also has
a dairy allergy) without problem.

marcella