Frogleg

Default Avocado preservation and recipes

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 22:28:16 GMT, smithfarms pure kona

>>> www.avocado.org

>>Amen to that. Too bad the site also lacks the basic information
>>on storage and ripening.
>>There is not one recipe on the website for traditional Guacamole.

>I checked out the site too and was reminded that the group of
>California Avocado growers has an enormous amount of money and an
>equal amount of political clout that has managed for decades to keep
>our own Kona avocadoes from even landing in California.

Having never had any but Calif., or Florida avocados (which I don't
care for), I'm unqualified to comment on the Hawaiian variety. The
avocado site is certainly an outlet of Calif. producers. I'm partial
because those are the ones I prefer, and the .org sent me a nice
mousepad. Given the current price of the Calif. variety, I doubt I
could afford a Maui one even if they *were* offered.