ChildFree Abby

Default Green Tomato Salsa - I need a recipe

Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> A neighbor has a boatload of green tomatoes and he wants to make salsa
> with them. Comments? Recipes deemed safe for same? With measurements.
> I told him I'd see what I could find out
> TIA.
> -Barb

This one from my Bernardin book:

Home Cookin 4.9 Chapter: Pickles, Preserves, Condiments

Salsa Verde
===========
7 cups (1750ml) chopped green tomatoes
5 - 10 jalapeno or scotch bonnet peppers , finely chopped
2 cups finely chopped red onion
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup lime juice
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
2 tsp cumin
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp each salt and pepper

..
Wash, core, seed and coarsely chopped tomatoes; drain off excess liquid.
Measure 7 cups into a stainless steel saucepan; add peppers onion, garlic
and lime juice. Bring to a boil. Stir in cilantro, cumin, oregano, salt
and pepper; simmer 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Ladle into jars, BWB,
15min for 250ml (8oz) 20 min 500ml (16oz) jars.

Servings: 6

Abby

--
The ChildFree Abby Archives - http://www.dismal-light.net/childfreeabby/