Mr. Wizard

Default Avocado preservation and recipes

"Frogleg" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 16:12:51 GMT, "Mr. Wizard" >
> wrote:
> most don't sound very appealing to me.
> >>

> >Amen to that. Too bad the site also lacks the basic information
> >on storage and ripening.

> Check the FAQs.
>
> >There is not one recipe on the website for traditional Guacamole.

The FAQ's still don't discuss keeping the fruit in a cool dark place
with plenty of venilation. The Avacado, a staple for millennia,
is best stored in this fashion. The Aztecs and their descendents
still store them this way even if they have access to refrigeration.
Their simple preparation method, grinding salt, cumin and chile
in a molcajete and smashing the avacados in with that mix, is more
than a thousand years old. That is what I would call "Traditional".