Frogleg

Default Avocado preservation and recipes

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 16:12:51 GMT, "Mr. Wizard" >
wrote:

>"Frogleg" > wrote

>> On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 19:34:11 +0800, "Angela Faye Oon"
>> > wrote:
>> >I'm still surprised, though,
>> >that there aren't more recipes for it, especially involving "cooking".

>> Probably for the same reason there aren't many popular recipes for
>> tomato muffins or blueberry soup. Note qualifiers of "many"...
>> www.avocado.org has a recipes for avocado smoothies, as well as about
>> as many different avocado recipes I've seen gathered in one spot. As
>> much as I enjoy avocados, most don't sound very appealing to me.
>>

>Amen to that. Too bad the site also lacks the basic information
>on storage and ripening.

Check the FAQs.

>There is not one recipe on the website for traditional Guacamole.
>If you want to make Guacamole like Gringos....

<snip>

Well, there are several recipes there. A little tricky in that one
needs to choose 'appetizers' and 'guacamole' as search terms.
Guacamole is, basically, mashed avocado. What do *you* consider
"traditional"? Huh? Poke, poke. I like *my* recipe (fork-mashed with
lemon juice, teensy diced onion, Tobasco (*my* tradition, 'though now
I add Thai chile flakes instead) and ground pepper.