smithfarms pure kona

Default Avocado preservation and recipes

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 22:52:03 GMT, "Mr. Wizard" >
wrote:

>"smithfarms pure kona" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 16:12:51 GMT, "Mr. Wizard" >
>> wrote:
>>

>> >"Frogleg" > wrote in message
>> .. .

>> "cooking".

for

>> about

spot.
>> As
>> >>
>> >Amen to that. Too bad the site also lacks the basic information
>> >on storage and ripening.
>> >There is not one recipe on the website for traditional Guacamole.
>> >If you want to make Guacamole like Gringos......
>> >chopped up garlic (ok but not traditional)
>> >chopped up onion (kills the nutty flavor)
>> >lime or lemon juice (makes it bitter)
>> >tomatoes (makes it watery and bitter)
>> >sour cream (barf)
>> >Mayo (double barf)
>> >cream cheese (Is there no God?)
>> >goat cheese (You have got to be kidding)
>> >pistachio nuts (?????)
>> >

>> I checked out the site too and was reminded that the group of
>> California Avocado growers has an enormous amount of money and an
>> equal amount of political clout that has managed for decades to

keep
>> our own Kona avocadoes from even landing in California.
>>
>> When I tried to look up Sharwil's on their site, it isn't even
>> mentioned and here in Hawaii it is the premium avocado, so their

site
>> is not really about avocadoes as much as themselves. Haas are

small
>> and dark little avocadoes.
>>
>> It is a political machine. The crummy recipe cited above

illustrates
>> that their focus is on making their avos the best and little else.
>>

>Aloha,
>I did some work at Pearl some years ago and remember fondly
>the fantastic avocados. My favorite way to prepare them
>was to stuff them with chicken and cheese and deep fry them.
>I cut them in half, skinned and seeded them and scooped
>a little of the middle out, a big spoonful of the pulled chicken
>eggwashed, fine bread crumbs and deep fry.

I hesitate to admit that I have never deep fried anything because of a
childhood trauma but that doesn't stop me when someone offers
something deep fried to me Your avocado recipe sounds fantastic. I
have made luncheon salads in the same manner without frying, of
course. We put avocadoes in everything, sandwiches of any sort,
salads, use them instead of mayo, make sure the dogs get enough <g>.,
wild chickens love them as do the wild pigs. Sprinkle them with a
little salt and pouring ketchup in the middle are two basic favorites.
I'll have one for dinner and think of you all at rec.food.cooking.
aloha, Thunder
http://www.smithfarms.com
Farmers & Sellers of 100%