Frogleg

Default Avocado preservation and recipes

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 19:34:11 +0800, "Angela Faye Oon"
> wrote:

>Thanks so much to everyone who suggested that I shouldn't refrigerate
>avocadoes. I've learnt a lot about this fruit! I'm still surprised, though,
>that there aren't more recipes for it, especially involving "cooking".

Probably for the same reason there aren't many popular recipes for
tomato muffins or blueberry soup. Note qualifiers of "many" and
"popular." Avocados in salads, guacomole, on sandwiches, in shushi are
the most common uses. There *are* recipes for soup, ice cream, and
bread, but most prefer their avocados in traditional form.
www.avocado.org has a recipes for avocado smoothies, as well as about
as many different avocado recipes I've seen gathered in one spot. As
much as I enjoy avocados, most don't sound very appealing to me.