Katra

Default Avocado preservation and recipes

In article >,
"Angela Faye Oon" > wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've really developed a taste for avocadoes and I'd like to know what your
> favourite avocado recipes are. I tend to just eat them cut open and
> sprinkled with a little salt, but they also taste great in my home-made
> sushi hand rolls (not very authentically Japanese, but well....)
>
> Another thing is, I don't go to the grocery store very often so I buy back a
> few avocadoes at a time. What is the best way to preserve them - put them in
> the fridge? Can they be frozen and thawed successfully?
>
> Thanks,
> Angela

I refrigerate mine at 40 degrees F.
If I choose the right ones, (I'll get them in various stages of ripeness
depending on how and when I plan to eat them) and most Haas will stay
good for 7 to 10 days if I get it right. ;-)

HEB sells vacuum packed halved avocados that keep even longer.

Got a food saver?

K.

--
Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...