RJP

"Melinda" > wrote:

>I got a sample of Specialteas basic everyday Keemun the other day...and I am really surprised. It's been over a year I
>think since I ran out of my last batch of keemun (a keemun mao feng...can't remember where I got it) and I don't
>remember it being smokey, but I've heard people use this term when describing keemun and I can say that yeah, this
>keemun I have now is indeed just a touch smokey.

I agree that many Keemuns are a bit smokey, but Upton has a "Keemun Mao Feng"
that is not smokey at all - it sounds like maybe this is what you had before.
I am very partial to this tea, as I'm not fond of smokey flavors.

Incidentally, for those interested in Chinese Blacks, I just tried a couple of new
ones (also from Upton). The Sichuan Zao Bei Jian (ZK55) was smooth and
mellow, very nice. The Panyang Curled Mao Feng (ZP74) was excellent, also
smooth with a rich cocoa-like flavor. At around 8.5 cents per gram, they were
both very good values.

--
Randy
(To reply by e-mail, remove DeLeTe and SPAMFREE from my address)