"Dr Hfuhruhurr" wrote in message
Why do woks need to be seasoned. How do you do it, and how often?
Seasoning a Wok effectively gives it a non-stick coating. A well
seasoned wok is easy to clean and maintain.
1. Rinse the wok in hot water with small amount of liquid detergent.
2. Scrub the exterior of the wok with a scouring pad.
3. Repeat the process on the inside of the wok, using a sponge
instead of a scouring pad.
4. Rinse the wok and dry thoroughly.
5. Place the wok on low-medium heat.
6. Pour approximately 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil into the wok.
7. Use a paper towel to rub the oil over the entire inside surface of
8. Heat the wok for about 10 minutes.
9. Wipe off the oil with another paper towel. There will be black
residue on the towel.
10. Allow the wok to cool.
11. Repeat steps 6 through 9 until no black residue comes up on the
paper (about 3 times). The wok is now ready to use.
How often do I need to do all this? Or is it just the once?