S'mee

One time on Usenet, "Robert Green" > said:

> Forgive me if I am in the wrong place, but I'm looking for advice on how to
> label storebought frozen food. If there's a hint of moisture on the
> surface, most marking pens just stop writing. Is there any sort of label
> product or marking pen especially designed for waxy frozen food boxes and
> plastic bags? All I want to do is put the date bought in big enough letter
> for my mom to read - she's not able to read the tiny expiration dates
> stamped on most cartons.

First, write your info on a piece of freezer tape. Wipe part of
the container dry, then place the tape. It's a bit more work, but
easier than trying to write on a frozen food box. Here's more
information on freezer tape, if anyone needs it:

http://tinyurl.com/97hgt

OR

http://products3.3m.
com/catalog/us/en001/government/innovative_solutions/node_GS4S40VWXRbe/r
oot_GS3RBW6QFVgv/vroot_31S2JJ7584ge/gvel_WSFF0BLZJ8gl/theme_us_innovativ
esolutions_3_0/command_AbcPageHandler/output_html

HTH!

--
Jani in WA (S'mee)
~ mom, Trollup, novice cook ~