~patches~

Autumn wrote:

> This is our favorite quick boneless chicken recipe.
>
> Raspberry Chicken Breast (1/2 the normal recipe)
>
> seasoned salt
> 8 ounces boneless chicken breast cut into 1" strips
> 1 tablespoon oil
> 2 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
> 2 tablespoons sugar
>
> Fry chicken in oil till lightly browned. Sprinkle with seasoned salt to
> taste. Add vinegar and sugar, cook and stir till a sauce forms, about the
> consistancy of pancake syrup.
>
> I make this with 1 pound chicken, 2 tablespoons oil, 1/4 cup raspberry
> vinegar and 1/4 cup sugar. We wanted more sauce so I doubled the vinegar and
> sugar called for. It is really important to find a good raspberry vinegar
> for this, as I bought one once that was not so good and it was awful. The
> original recipe is from a company that sells raspberry vinegar at art and
> craft fairs, there is actual raspberries in the vinegar. I have not found
> this particular vinegar in stores. But I have been able to find several good
> brands at my local grocery store. Enjoy.

Sounds really good and I have a couple of jars of raspberry vinegar to
use up. Thanks! You can easily make raspberry vinegar yourself if you
have access to fresh raspberries. Just put a cup or so of raspberries
in a L mason jar and pour whatever vinegar you want to use over them.
Put the lid on then let sit for at least 14 days. Strain and use as
needed. You can leave a few berries in if you like. This method works
well for strawberry and blueberry vinegar too. HTH