Old 04-10-2005, 03:19 PM
Ken Knecht

Default A recipe for skinless chicken breasts?

I have too many skinless chicken breasts in the freezer. Any suggestions
for recipes - for one person, simple, usually on-hand ingredients please.
No, I've not looked on the net, I've tried too many using recipes I found
there that I hated. I prefer recipes others have made and liked. Of
course, that doesn't always work either; tastes vary. Maybe a casserole?
I don't mind re-heatable leftovers.

TIA
--
Untie the two knots to email me

"A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always
count on the support of Paul." George Bernard Shaw

Old 04-10-2005, 03:27 PM
Peter Aitken

"Ken Knecht" wrote in message
I have too many skinless chicken breasts in the freezer. Any suggestions
for recipes - for one person, simple, usually on-hand ingredients please.
No, I've not looked on the net, I've tried too many using recipes I found
there that I hated. I prefer recipes others have made and liked. Of
course, that doesn't always work either; tastes vary. Maybe a casserole?
I don't mind re-heatable leftovers.

TIA
--

Pound the breast with a wine bottle or can of soup to even out the
thickness. Pat dry with paper towels and sprinkle with S&P. Saute in 1 TB

--
Peter Aitken

Old 04-10-2005, 03:38 PM
salgud

Peter Aitken wrote:
"Ken Knecht" wrote in message
[...]

How about a simple stir-fry?

Old 04-10-2005, 03:43 PM
Sheldon

Ken Knecht wrote:
I have too many skinless chicken breasts in the freezer. Any suggestions
for recipes - for one person, simple, usually on-hand ingredients please.
No, I've not looked on the net, I've tried too many using recipes I found
there that I hated. I prefer recipes others have made and liked. Of
course, that doesn't always work either; tastes vary. Maybe a casserole?
I don't mind re-heatable leftovers.

Grind them up and make a chicken meat loaf, or chicken croquettes.

Sheldon

Old 04-10-2005, 03:59 PM
kilikini

"Peter Aitken" wrote in message
om...
"Ken Knecht" wrote in message
[...]

I do something similar but I butterfly the chicken and then pound it flat,
stuff it with ham and swiss cheese, bread it, and then sautee it. If I have
the ingredients, I'll make a roux, add swiss cheese and some whisky to make
a sauce. Delicious!

kili

Old 04-10-2005, 04:25 PM
~patches~

Ken Knecht wrote:
I have too many skinless chicken breasts in the freezer. Any suggestions
for recipes - for one person, simple, usually on-hand ingredients please.
No, I've not looked on the net, I've tried too many using recipes I found
there that I hated. I prefer recipes others have made and liked. Of
course, that doesn't always work either; tastes vary. Maybe a casserole?
I don't mind re-heatable leftovers.

TIA

Most of the dishes I make with skinless chicken breasts involve
pre-cooking by either pan frying until golden brown or grilling. Thin
sliced is nice used in wraps and thicker sliced on top of Caesar salad.
Quite often I will make them quite similar to how Peter mentioned
except I don't flatten them and I add sauteed mushrooms to the gravy. A
quick tip if you want to enjoy a wrap or salad but don't feel like
cooking - prepare 2 or three of the chicen breasts as desired, cool,
then freeze in a ziploc bag. Use as needed.

We like the chicken breast done in a mushroom sauce and served with rice
or broad egg noodles. I just lightly brown the chicken breasts and
deglaze the pan. Then I saute mushrooms and return the chicken breasts
to the pan. I pour a can of mushroom soup mixed with 1/2 can of milk
over the chicken and mushrooms. This is then simmered until the sauce
is thick.
Old 04-10-2005, 04:37 PM
OmManiPadmeOmelet

Ken Knecht wrote:

I have too many skinless chicken breasts in the freezer. Any suggestions
for recipes - for one person, simple, usually on-hand ingredients please.
No, I've not looked on the net, I've tried too many using recipes I found
there that I hated. I prefer recipes others have made and liked. Of
course, that doesn't always work either; tastes vary. Maybe a casserole?
I don't mind re-heatable leftovers.

TIA

I like to marinate them in some honey, lemon juice, yellow mustard and
just a bit of Braggs Liquid aminos along with salt free lemon pepper and
garlic powder.

Grill them in the electric grill for 6 to 8 minutes depending on how
thick they are.

Let cool, slice thin and serve with marinara sauce and mushrooms.
--
Om.

Old 04-10-2005, 04:43 PM
kilikini

"~patches~" wrote in message
Ken Knecht wrote:
[...]

If you add some sherry to the sauce it gives it a much richer flavor. My
family has been making it that way for years; we call it Chicken Noel, but I
have no idea why.

kili

Old 04-10-2005, 04:45 PM
~patches~

Ken Knecht wrote:

I have too many skinless chicken breasts in the freezer. Any suggestions
for recipes - for one person, simple, usually on-hand ingredients please.
No, I've not looked on the net, I've tried too many using recipes I found
there that I hated. I prefer recipes others have made and liked. Of
course, that doesn't always work either; tastes vary. Maybe a casserole?
I don't mind re-heatable leftovers.

TIA

Oops forgot to add - If you can get your hands on Zehnders Chicken
Seasoning, it is most excellent on either grilled or fried chicken breasts.
Old 04-10-2005, 05:36 PM
Joseph Littleshoes

Ken Knecht wrote:

I have too many skinless chicken breasts in the freezer. Any
suggestions
for recipes - for one person, simple, usually on-hand ingredients
please.
No, I've not looked on the net, I've tried too many using recipes I
found
there that I hated. I prefer recipes others have made and liked. Of
course, that doesn't always work either; tastes vary. Maybe a
casserole?
I don't mind re-heatable leftovers.

TIA
--
Untie the two knots to email me

A favorite of mine is to season, egg (beaten yolks only) flour and bread
crumb a boneless, skinless breast of chicken and saute in a bit of oil
or butter in a skillet on top of the stove till the coating sets up and
is nicely browned then transferr to a pot with several cups of good beef
gravy (Heinz is acceptable) and 'fricasse' or stew or simmer in the beef
gravy with 1/2 to 1 cup of good red wine till the chicken is done, about
20 minutes.

Using a slotted spoon remove the chicken, stir the gravy and serve with
rice or potatoes or pasta.

I can eat a whle half breast this way but often times the breast is
sliced and served in several pieces.
---
Joseph Littleshoes

Old 04-10-2005, 05:39 PM
Joseph Littleshoes

salgud wrote:

Peter Aitken wrote:
"Ken Knecht" wrote in message
[...]

Or poach the bvreasts in stock or water and then when cool cut into
large dice and marinate in a vinegrette for 1/2 hour and serve with a
green salad.
---
JL

Old 04-10-2005, 05:44 PM
~patches~

kilikini wrote:

"~patches~" wrote in message

Ken Knecht wrote:

[...]

It is good that way isn't it! I use a dry sherry and save the cream
sherry for drinking A little white wine instead of sherry is good in
the sauce too.
Old 04-10-2005, 05:44 PM
Joseph Littleshoes

Ken Knecht wrote:
I have too many skinless chicken breasts in the freezer. Any

suggestions
for recipes - for one person, simple, usually on-hand ingredients

please.
No, I've not looked on the net, I've tried too many using recipes I

found
there that I hated. I prefer recipes others have made and liked. Of
course, that doesn't always work either; tastes vary. Maybe a

casserole?
I don't mind re-heatable leftovers.

Grind them up and make a chicken meat loaf, or chicken croquettes.

Add some ground shrimp and make raviolis. Or other stuffed pasta.
Chicken and fish sausage is very good. And some mushrooms (sauce
duxelles) makes a good filler for fish.---
J (gesturing to "sheldon" with a specific finger) L

Old 04-10-2005, 05:49 PM
kilikini

"~patches~" wrote in message
kilikini wrote:

"~patches~" wrote in message

Ken Knecht wrote:

[...]

I'm so glad someone else eats it this way, too! I usually add about 1/4 of
a cup of sherry. You can taste the sherry, but it's not overpowering. I've
grown up eating this dish this way and now if I go to someone's house and
they make this sans sherry, something is definitely missing.

kili

Old 04-10-2005, 05:55 PM
Joseph Littleshoes

~patches~ wrote:

Ken Knecht wrote:
[...]

Supremes a l'Proust, chicken breasts sauted in butter with champagne
grapes and white wine?
---
JL