Stark

In article >, jmcquown
> wrote:

> LOL! I try to avoid Summer Avenue unless I'm going to Charlie's Meat Market
> and the Market Basket (great produce!) Are they still showing the Summer
> Avenue hookers on the news? I always found that amusing. They'd show the
> mug shots and tell what their prices were and at what intersection they
> could be found! News serving the Memphis community... uh huh!
>
> Hard to believe the first Holiday Inn was located down that way. Kemmons
> Wilson would spin in his grave at the hourly rates (if the place is even
> still there).
>
> Jill

Hmmmmmm. Hookers? Thought they were abandoned prom-dates. Come to
think about it---nevermind.

Here's a rule of thumb on Summer: when you see the whatevers, you've
gone too far.

And down around too far was the Alamo Plaza, a quaintly-named tourist
court that predated Holiday Inns. The individual cabins looked like
adobe but were probably whitewashed Mississippi mud. It didn't have
hourly rates but even then the sheets were hot. Both the Alamo Plaza
and the Holiday Inn are long gone.