nemo

The only good thing about fast food, and particularly the US variety, is
that it's a damned good incentive to go on a fast!

I regularly get inundated with junk mail through my door for curries and
pizzas.

Curry? Onion and garlic in a little oil with cummin, ajwain, mustard seeds
etc. When the onions are translucent add veggies of your choice. When it's
bubbling nicely add the powdered spices of your choice that don't need
roasting.

While all this is happening the rice is simmering away.

Why waste money of food that's fast even when you cook it yourself?

And how's this for a fast pizza. Dough: Wheat, rye and soya flours, oil,
water and a little baking powder, kneaded well and spread over a plate. Bung
it in the microwave and while it's in there, prepare the veggies stir-fry
style, then bung em on the base with some chopped olives and a little tahini
instead of cheese.

Takes about 15 minutes. Is that fast enough?

Use olive oil even for curries and (doctor's orders due to fat belly)
Abandon Chip!!!! (The surgery was sinking at the time!)

Nemo

"David Pierce" > wrote in message
. ..
> Arguing about fast food on a vegan newsgroup is like arguing about how

many
> fairies can dance on the head of a pin
>
> "equinox" > wrote in message
> > Tim Campbell > wrote:
> >
> > > ...Food. Or something vaguely approximating it.
> > > There is the Wendy's and the Burger King and the Taco Bell/KFC hybrid
> > > (ewww) and there is the Mickey D's and the Subway and the Starbucks

and
> > > the dozen other garbage-food fiends lined up down the road like toxic
> > > dominoes, all lying in wait to maul your arteries and poison your

heart
> > > and make you think about hospitals.

> > And this rant was crossposted here because...?

Anyone see the video clip on UK Channel 4 TV of KFC slaughtermen stamping on
chickens for fun?!