usual suspect

Default American fast food, well described.

Bumbling Twit wrote:
>> And then there are Mandarin Orange salads and baked spuds at
>> Wendys...all lined up and ready to make you bleed chlorophyll.
>>
>> Grow up you shithead- learn to make sane choices.

> Wendy's does offer some better choices, but they are clearly a hamburger
> joint.

When was the last time you were in a Wendy's, knucklehead?

http://www.wendys.com/food/US_nutrition_topics.jsp

> Put typical dressing on your salad or butter in your baked potatoes,
> they become horrible for you. Perhaps they offer some healthy choices
> as obviously they are becoming the target of legal actions.

Wendy's has offered baked potatoes and salad bar and a variety of
reduced-fat menu items (their chili is low-fat) for over 20 years, nitwit.
Beach Runner

usual suspect wrote:

> Bumbling Twit wrote:
>
>>> And then there are Mandarin Orange salads and baked spuds at
>>> Wendys...all lined up and ready to make you bleed chlorophyll.
>>>
>>> Grow up you shithead- learn to make sane choices.

>> Wendy's does offer some better choices, but they are clearly a
>> hamburger joint.

> When was the last time you were in a Wendy's, knucklehead?
>
>> They certainly don't suggest healthy eating.

> http://www.wendys.com/food/US_nutrition_topics.jsp

You don't advertise or recommend their healthy diet. Not when they say,
would you like fries with that and typically sell soda.

>> Put typical dressing on your salad or butter in your baked potatoes,
>> they become horrible for you. Perhaps they offer some healthy choices
>> as obviously they are becoming the target of legal actions.

> Wendy's has offered baked potatoes and salad bar and a variety of
> reduced-fat menu items (their chili is low-fat) for over 20 years, nitwit.

Years back they had great salad bars. They stopped that. Have they gone
back to salad bars?

As far as general responses, deep fried foods should be avoided, period.

And what I said about salad dressing applies. Great salad, and a
"normal" portion of most dressing you've added tons of fats (and usually
strange chemicals).

As far as hygiene, you are at the mercy of some minimum wage food
handler who might do anything. Do they wash their hands? Do they drop
the food. Do they not like people that look like you? Some places are
immaculate and offer some better choices.

Burger King has a veggie bugger, but they serve it on white bread.
usual suspect

Bumbling Twit wrote:

>>> Wendy's does offer some better choices, but they are clearly a
>>> hamburger joint.

>> When was the last time you were in a Wendy's, knucklehead?
>>
>>> They certainly don't suggest healthy eating.

>> http://www.wendys.com/food/US_nutrition_topics.jsp

> You don't advertise or recommend their healthy diet.

BULLSHIT. About a quarter of all Wendy's ads I've seen in the past year,
especially around New Year's, have focused on Wendy's healthier side of
the menu.

> Not when they say,
> would you like fries with that and typically sell soda.

They "typically sell" soda because customers "typically ask" for it. As
for fries, they won't ask you if you want those when you order a baked
potato and/or salad.

>>> Put typical dressing on your salad or butter in your baked potatoes,
>>> they become horrible for you. Perhaps they offer some healthy
>>> choices as obviously they are becoming the target of legal actions.

>> Wendy's has offered baked potatoes and salad bar and a variety of
>> reduced-fat menu items (their chili is low-fat) for over 20 years,
>> nitwit.

> Years back they had great salad bars. They stopped that. Have they gone
> back to salad bars?

I think they've turned to prepared salads only because irrational twits
like you objected to eating at salad bars run by fast food restaurants.

> As far as general responses, deep fried foods should be avoided, period.

I disagree, but I don't share your eating disorder. I travel to parts of
the world where I'll never eat anything raw or cooked in local water.
Fried foods are acceptable in moderation.

> And what I said about salad dressing applies.

THEY HAVE LOW-FAT AND NON-FAT DRESSINGS, DUMB ASS. Or you can leave off
their dressings and squeeze some lemon on it.

> Great salad, and a
> "normal" portion of most dressing you've added tons of fats (and usually
> strange chemicals).

Those aren't strange chemicals.
Beach Runner

usual suspect wrote:

>>> When was the last time you were in a Wendy's, knucklehead?

>>> http://www.wendys.com/food/US_nutrition_topics.jsp

>> You don't advertise or recommend their healthy diet.

> BULLSHIT. About a quarter of all Wendy's ads I've seen in the past year,
> especially around New Year's, have focused on Wendy's healthier side of
> the menu.
>
>> Not when they say,
>> would you like fries with that and typically sell soda.

> They "typically sell" soda because customers "typically ask" for it. As
> for fries, they won't ask you if you want those when you order a baked
> potato and/or salad.

>>> Wendy's has offered baked potatoes and salad bar and a variety of
>>> reduced-fat menu items (their chili is low-fat) for over 20 years,
>>> nitwit.

>> Years back they had great salad bars. They stopped that. Have they
>> gone back to salad bars?

> I think they've turned to prepared salads only because irrational twits
> like you objected to eating at salad bars run by fast food restaurants.

Yawn. First you said they had salad bars. Now they don't.
They used to have great salad bars. I loved them.

>> As far as general responses, deep fried foods should be avoided, period.

> I disagree, but I don't share your eating disorder. I travel to parts of
> the world where I'll never eat anything raw or cooked in local water.
> Fried foods are acceptable in moderation.
>
>> And what I said about salad dressing applies.

> THEY HAVE LOW-FAT AND NON-FAT DRESSINGS, DUMB ASS. Or you can leave off
> their dressings and squeeze some lemon on it.
>
>> Great salad, and a "normal" portion of most dressing you've added tons
>> of fats (and usually strange chemicals).

> Those aren't strange chemicals.

Yawn. With care you can select low fat dressing. Lemon is fine.

I don't disagree.
slim

Steve Fenwick wrote:

> In article . com>,

> > > My problem with Starbucks is all the alleged coffee drinks they sell
> > > that are so full of goop (whipped cream, caramel, etc.) that one can't
> > > even discern any coffee in them; they're more like milkshakes.

> > Breakfast at Starbucks: milkshakes and pastries. Since when did the
> > dessert cart arrive at breakfast time?

> Have you never had a Cinnabon?

Whats the price for ONE....almost three bucks?

--

Donald Rumsfeld: "If you're asking if there's a direct
link between 9/11 and Iraq, the answer is no."

On May 01, 2003, President Bush declared that,
"Major combat operations in Iraq have ended."

"I'm the commander -- see, I don't need to explain --
I do not need to explain why I say things. That's the
interesting thing about being the president.
Maybe somebody needs to explain to me why they
say something, but I don't feel like I owe anybody
an explanation. "
- George "Dubya" Bush
slim

wrote:

> > > Have you never had a Cinnabon?

> > Whats the price for ONE....almost three bucks?

> Probably. My comment was about dessert at breakfast (a practice I do not
> necessarily shun).

<cue Homer> Dessert at breakfast!

--

Donald Rumsfeld: "If you're asking if there's a direct
link between 9/11 and Iraq, the answer is no."
http://msnbc.msn.com/id/4865948/

On May 01, 2003, President Bush declared that,
"Major combat operations in Iraq have ended."

"I'm the commander -- see, I don't need to explain --
I do not need to explain why I say things. That's the
interesting thing about being the president.
Maybe somebody needs to explain to me why they
say something, but I don't feel like I owe anybody
an explanation. "
- George "Dubya" Bush
equinox

Tim Campbell > wrote:

> ...Food. Or something vaguely approximating it.
> There is the Wendy's and the Burger King and the Taco Bell/KFC hybrid
> (ewww) and there is the Mickey D's and the Subway and the Starbucks and
> the dozen other garbage-food fiends lined up down the road like toxic
> dominoes, all lying in wait to maul your arteries and poison your heart
> and make you think about hospitals.

And this rant was crossposted here because...?
David Pierce

Arguing about fast food on a vegan newsgroup is like arguing about how many
fairies can dance on the head of a pin

"equinox" > wrote in message
> Tim Campbell > wrote:
>
> > ...Food. Or something vaguely approximating it.
> > There is the Wendy's and the Burger King and the Taco Bell/KFC hybrid
> > (ewww) and there is the Mickey D's and the Subway and the Starbucks and
> > the dozen other garbage-food fiends lined up down the road like toxic
> > dominoes, all lying in wait to maul your arteries and poison your heart
> > and make you think about hospitals.

> And this rant was crossposted here because...?

nemo

The only good thing about fast food, and particularly the US variety, is
that it's a damned good incentive to go on a fast!

I regularly get inundated with junk mail through my door for curries and
pizzas.

Curry? Onion and garlic in a little oil with cummin, ajwain, mustard seeds
etc. When the onions are translucent add veggies of your choice. When it's
bubbling nicely add the powdered spices of your choice that don't need
roasting.

While all this is happening the rice is simmering away.

Why waste money of food that's fast even when you cook it yourself?

And how's this for a fast pizza. Dough: Wheat, rye and soya flours, oil,
water and a little baking powder, kneaded well and spread over a plate. Bung
it in the microwave and while it's in there, prepare the veggies stir-fry
style, then bung em on the base with some chopped olives and a little tahini
instead of cheese.

Takes about 15 minutes. Is that fast enough?

Use olive oil even for curries and (doctor's orders due to fat belly)
Abandon Chip!!!! (The surgery was sinking at the time!)

Nemo

"David Pierce" > wrote in message
. ..
> Arguing about fast food on a vegan newsgroup is like arguing about how

many
> fairies can dance on the head of a pin
>
> "equinox" > wrote in message
> > Tim Campbell > wrote:
> >
> > > ...Food. Or something vaguely approximating it.
> > > There is the Wendy's and the Burger King and the Taco Bell/KFC hybrid
> > > (ewww) and there is the Mickey D's and the Subway and the Starbucks

and
> > > the dozen other garbage-food fiends lined up down the road like toxic
> > > dominoes, all lying in wait to maul your arteries and poison your

heart
> > > and make you think about hospitals.

> > And this rant was crossposted here because...?

Anyone see the video clip on UK Channel 4 TV of KFC slaughtermen stamping on
chickens for fun?!

captain ahab

nemo wrote:
> Why waste money of food that's fast even when you cook it yourself?

I don't consider it a waste when I pay others for convenience. Those of
us who *HAVE* accomplished more meaningful things than making token,
empty gestures to "saving animals" don't always have time to throw
together a curry or even to heat some leftovers. I don't mind paying
twice the price of a baked potato or salad at a fastfood joint or salad
bar. Nor do I mind paying others to keep my glass filled or bring me
other foods at a restaurant -- keeps them from nicking my car stereo.