Bob Terwilliger

Jill wrote:

> Okay, I can't find honeycomb tripe (nor any tripe) to make this from
> scratch.

Can't help you with that: When I worked at a grocery store (Publix) in
Florida, the meat department always carried tripe. Here in Northern
California, tripe is also available in supermarkets. There must be some
local prejudice against it, or the markets would carry it, right?

> I've actually been enjoying canned menudo. I love spicy food
> and I love soup. I'm wondering whether it's "kosher" (ha! how we do
> integrate some phrases into our speech) to grate some Asiago or Oaxaca
> cheese on top of this soup. Would it be considered heresy? (Come to
> think of it, would I care if it's heresy?) But do any of you menudo
> lovers add cheese?

I like menudo too. I haven't tried it with cheese, but it sounds good to me,
especially if you also have homemade tortilla chips and a squeeze of lime
juice.

Bob