Joseph B. Rosenberg

Caution: What you have may destroy your mouth and esophagus. My late
Grandfather, Hyman used to drink slivovitz with the morning prayers. Before
he put on the tefillin and tallis, he had to have his wake me up. the
bottle said plum brandy so it sounded mild--after every Passover I got a
buzz from the Concord from Mother Shapiro and me & Charlie Giadana got
blitzed on his grandmother's rum cake. My grandpa looked at me looking at
him throwing down the schnapps, he took the bottle and said "nem" which
means take-so I did in one gulp. Oh vey as soon as the liquid made contact
with my mouth it was ablaze, no Indian pepper or Mexican chile ever seared
my tongue like that; my tongue and the roof of my palate were under attack.
As I gagged and grandpa laughed, a bit went down my throat. I put the glass
down and rushed to the bathroom while my grandfather who never even cracked
a smile was laughing his ass off. It was another ten years before I had hard
liquor again, which I guess was his intent.
"Gary Alan" > wrote in message
> Thanks for the information. This label is completely in cyrillic, no hint

as