~patches~

Default Brandy Help Needed

X-posted to rec.food.preserving

I'm in the middle of tomatoes and apples right now. Today I bought a
small bottle of brandy thinking I could use it with the apples since
I've seen recipes for brandied cherries and peaches. The only BBB
recipe for brandy with apples is for apple mincemeat. Now I have a
bottle of brandy and don't know what to do with it so I'm turning to the
preservers and cookers to find out what to use it for. I've googled
with no luck. Our harvest will be ending in about a month or so. From
my garden I still have green beens, chard, lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers,
and herbs none of which immediately appear to go with brandy. Local
produce is mainly a variety of apples, tomatoes, and squashes. Are
there any sauces I could make using brandy? I was thinking brandied
applesauce but then thought baked apples with a brandy sauce might be
nice. I'd like to use 1/2 the bottle for something preserved and the
other 1/2 for cooking with. I'm drawing a blank here so would really,
really appreciate any help. -- I should have bought beer, dagnabbit! --