pp

Seems like the sg he numbers are telling you all you need to know -
yes, it's fermenting, and fast at that. You can always taste the must
to make sure - at this point you've got about 10% alcohol so that
should be pretty obvious that it's not just juice anymore.

I haven't seen ferments without bubbles a/o foam but apparently it's
possible.

What are you making anw? I'm puzzled that you've only got juice from
the Merlot and not crushed grapes. If it's just juice, then you don't
need to stir it at all during ferment.

In any case, if your numbers are correct, you should start thinking
about racking into a carboy soon.

Pp