Tom

Default Problem

I've got a little problem here that I thought someone could weight in on. I
purchased two boxes of Merlot grapes on Sat., they pressed them for me and I
took them home. I poured it out and got about two buckets of 5.5 gallons of
juice. The SG was 1.100 and the pH was 3.64. I did not measure acids. I
added two campden tablets (.75) to each bucket and started two packets of
yeast in two dishes. Sunday, I mixed the two yeast starters (and nutrients)
into the two buckets. Unfortunately after Sunday, I was not able to stir
the buckets until Tues. and again on Thurs. My problem is, I never got any
bubbles or foam on top of the must. I tried another yeast starter (and more
yeast nutrients) and again nothing. I tried a third time and said " hey
whoa, what's going on here". I took a reading with my hydrometer and it was
around 1.010. Could this must fermented already? Can juice ferment without
foam and bubbles? Anybody got any ideas about what happened? Thanks in
advance for any help.