Dee Randall

.. .

http://images.google.com/images?q=cinnamon+roll&hl=en

> [...]

>> wondering if you've frozen half your dough at any time. If you have, at
>> what point have you frozen it.
>> Here are the instructions from the sweet dough recipe - paraphrasing:
>> "Place in a bowl and let rise about an hour."
>> At this point after you take it out of the bowl, I guess is the point I
>> could freeze the half batch of dough?
>> Thanks so much.
>> Dee

> I think you could freeze it either went it is just mixed (before the 1st
> rise) or after. With all the sugar and fat in the dough, I find it takes
> good amount of time to rise, so I don't know how it would be out of the
> freezer. You would probably have to let it defrost in the refrigerator
> over
> night.
>
> If you don't want that much dough, half the recipe. I do this regularly
> and
> make it in the food processor. I put all the dry ingredients, including
> the
> instant yeast in the bowl and pulse it a few times. Then I add the eggs,
> water, and butter. While it is running , I add enough warm milk to make a
> proper dough. It is so quick that it is probably less fuss to make it
> fresh
> than to freeze. However, if I were to freeze the dough, I would just make
> up the rolls and freeze them. I would then take them out of the freezer
> and
> let them rise and then bake. That way, I would be able to make one or two
> at a time. This would be especially handy for weekend breakfasts/brunch.
> The night before I would put a couple rolls in the refrigerator and then
> remove them in the morning to finish rising. I have been known to put
> cold
> dough in the microwave at 30% power for a minute or so to quickly bring it
> to room temperature. You would have to experiment with you oven doing it
> in
> 30 second bursts until you get a feel for the amount of time required.
>
> I have a Seal-A-Meal which allows you to stop the vacuum and seal as
> needed.
> For delicate items I often abort the cycle before things are crushed. If
> were freezing baked goods, I would put them on a tray, cover with film,
> and
> freeze solid for a few hours. Then, I would put the individually frozen
> items in the Foodsaver bags and vacuum pack them. I do this with raw
> cookie
> dough. I scoop out the dough, freeze solid, and then packages the
> portioned
> raw dough. Then I just remove as much dough as I want and bake as usual
> adding about 5 minutes to the baking time. That way I can mix a double or
> triple batch of dough and we can have fresh cookies at a moment's notice.
> Pre-freezing and then packaging is often the best solution for delicate

Thanks a LOT for all these options. I hardly bake (except for bread) and
this recipe has got me started. The last week I've made a couple of loaves
of bread in the food processor. You've been a source of encouragement
regarding using the fp for doughs. So I appreciate from you your
information about how to get this cinnamon roll recipe halved and adapted to
the fp.
Your information filed under: "Cinnamon rolls."
Dee