Alex Chaihorsky

Linda,

It is GOOD that metal bambilla is getting hot - it is a warning sign that
your mate is way too hot... It is the burning from too hot a mate that
suddenly is being sucked into your mouth that is dangerous (which happens
precisely because your glass straw DO NOT GET HOT, not a slight heat nip on
the lip from your bombilla....
And the price for this thingy.... And the audacity of "The Most Remarkable
Tea Accessory Ever Invented"... I have to say that this provokes a huge
PA-LEE-ASE.

Also (IMHO) if regular green or black tea would have benefited from such way
of drinking it would at least be found somewhere in Chinese or other
tea-drinking cultures. My opinion - the aroma and the taste of C. Sinensis
teas opens up better when drunk "with air" and the supporting evidence is
the fact that tea masters always slurp the tea to mix tea with air while
tasting tea. Mate is different in many ways and mate drinkers developed the
straw-drinking technique also for the variety of reasons, no doubt.

Sasha.

oups.com...