"mikehende" > wrote:
> I usually grill small pieces Beef and pork steaks, some chicken, burgers
> and Hot Dogs. I simply put a light coating of the BBQ sauce right from
> the start, wait a little, turn it over, baste again and keep repeating
> this until it is cooked.
> Am I doing this correctly? Am I basting too much and too often? Sould
> I wait until a certain time before basting? Should I stop basting at a
> certain time?
> How do you pros do the basting? Thanks

How do you like your results? That's the bottom line. It ain't brain
surgery. With the stuff you say yer cookin', it ain't likely ta break ya ta
expuriment. Test it on yerself! Ya might even keep notes. Fer steaks I give
'em a rub with salt, pepper and garlic the night before. That's it! For
chicken, try Hound's brine. Burgers, s & p, garlic powder and a light touch
of Woostershere mixed in. Don't keep turnin' the stuff, except maybe the
hot dawgs. Turn it once. On somethin' that I'm cookin' long, low and slow,
I might give it a mop or 2 towards the end, dependin' on what I'm goin'
for. But, I'm not a pro, just the group faq nihil.

--
Nick. Support severely wounded and disabled War on Terror Veterans and
their families: