Edwin Pawlowski

"Dave Bugg" > wrote in message

> Thanks, Spud. Up until the end of May, things were pushing past what we
> had set as our financial goals. Since then, we've been battling a huge
> increase to our cost of goods over the last three months, especially with
> the cost of gasoline and diesel. It has been pushing the cost of
> everything through the roof. And the bad news is, many of our customers
> eat here less frequently due to the way the cost-of-living is affecting
> them. And we haven't even seen the impact of Katrina yet.

This has to be tough for anyone in retail, food, travel industries. My
heating bill will be $50 a month more than last year (I'm locked in price
wise, fortunately) I changed vacation plans though, and will not make the
trip to Canada and buy all that gas along the way. This will affect a few
motel owners and restaurant owners that would have made a couple of dollars.

The extra money I'm spending on fuel and heating has to come from cutting
back in other areas. Some of that will be the occasional meal out.