DFS

Default Propane Stoves Indoors

Hello all.

Like a lot of folks, we were without power for over a week in the wake of
Katrina. We found ourselves doing a lot of our cooking on the 'kettle
outdoors until the power was restored. Many of the camping,tool, and RV
suppliers sell single,dual, and three burner cast iron propane stoves that
would look ideal to use indoors during a power outage with a 20 lb propane
tank. All of these carry safety warnings not to be used indoors or a closed
environment due to carbon monoxide poisoning. What gives here? I cooked for
years using propane on a gas range until natural gas was available without
as much as a fume hood. I noticed the same warnings on other propane
products such as lanterns and camp stoves, and grills. I can understand the
possible liability/safety issue with using outdoor propane products indoors,
but what's this issue with CO poisoning?

DFS