Old 06-09-2005, 12:28 AM
Alan S

On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 12:10:31 -0400, Priscilla Ballou
wrote:

One thing that I miss and I admit cheat on every now and then. One bite
at a time mind you, is baklava. I can only have the kind without eggs.

Anyone out there know????

I wish I could imagine a baklava that wouldn't spike, but I'm not up to
the task. ;-) I think that portion control is our friend in this area.

Priscilla, very fond of Greek pastry

Portion control.

Swmbo brought home two small ones from a friend last week.
Each was about the size of a test strip bottle - a cylinder
5cm (2") long and about 2cm (3/4") diameter.

I cut them into four portions each, as a tiny after-dinner
treat with coffee. I went mad one night and had two
quarters:-)

There is no confection I know that has quite the same taste.

Cheers Alan, T2 d&e, Australia.