Harry Demidavicius > wrote:
> On 04 Sep 2005 22:33:34 GMT, wrote:
> >Walter H. Lewis III > wrote:
> >> I've been cooking pigs for family friends and work picnics for years
> >> but have never charged for one.
> >>
> >> Late October my son wants me to haul my pig cooker to Knoxville for
> >> the UT SC game and he wants to cover costs.
> >>
> >> I usually allow a pound per person but am unsure if son will be doing
> >> slaw and beans too or what exactly the plan is.
> >>
> >> Can someone give a ball park for charge per person to cover ALL
> >> expenses?

> >Calculate all costs. Divide by number of expected people payin' ta eat.
> >Multiply by contingency factor to cover waste, spillage, what ya fergot
> >and chef/server's/guests food and booze. I come up with $7 a head
> >nekkid, $9 with sides.
> >
> >Football players (3 pounds per person + Gator Aid), cops (2 lbs/ + a
> >brew) and purty women (1/2 lb each + 2 brews) eat free! Gotta factor
> >that in, too!
> >
> >Jes' have fun, da's all! Jes' have fun! And post pics to a.b.f

> That's quite modest, Nick. Our local Pit charges ten bucks for a
> modest amount of PP or brisket on a bun with two sides [slaw & beans
> for me usually. I could do a couple of those for lunch and I don't
> eat big.
> How much travelling expense to be added in today's [post Katrina
> world]?

Like I said, "Calculate ALL costs."

My gun club charges $10 a head at our annual Saturday Pig Roast. BBQ'd
apple in the mouth pig (12 to 16 hours over charcoal) wearing a cap and
shades at presentation, fried chicken, corn on the cob, beans, a couple of
different slaws, 'tater and/or macaroni salad, buns, a whole table of
desserts and refills on all. 200 to 300 people show up and leftovers are
finished the next day for lunch at $2 or $3 a head. We triple-blind raffle
off pistols, rifles, ammo, gun safes, knives and all kinds of stuff.
Raffled off an M-1 Garand a couple of years ago. What a beauty. It's our
biggest fund-raiser of the year, although Oktoberfest does good, too.

I think your local Pit may be over-charging.
Oh, I fergot. That's Canadian $. ;-)

--
Nick. Support severely wounded and disabled War on Terror Veterans and
their families: