zxcvbob

Default Blue garlic!!!

loui wrote:
> Hi all,
> someting strange append when I tried to make my pickled green tomatoes. I
> put garlic into pots and after
> less than one week, my garlic came blue... Have you seen that before.
> Please if you know what's append
> teel me because for now I want to put all in the garbage...
> Thanks in advance,
> loui

Garlic does that sometimes. It's harmless. It's caused by a chemical
reaction between the vinegar and enzymes in immature garlic. It can turn
blue, purple or green. If it's a really *vivid* blue, it might mean your
water contains high levels of copper. (Also usually not a problem.)

Don't worry about it. Pretend it's supposed to look like that.

Best regards,
Bob