loui

Default Blue garlic!!!

Hi all,
someting strange append when I tried to make my pickled green tomatoes. I
put garlic into pots and after
less than one week, my garlic came blue... Have you seen that before.
Please if you know what's append
teel me because for now I want to put all in the garbage...
Thanks in advance,
loui

Hahabogus

"loui" > wrote in
:

> Hi all,
> someting strange append when I tried to make my pickled green
> tomatoes. I put garlic into pots and after
> less than one week, my garlic came blue... Have you seen that before.
> Please if you know what's append
> teel me because for now I want to put all in the garbage...
> Thanks in advance,
> loui

Pickled garlic sometime turns blue...nothing wrong with it quite edible...
zxcvbob

loui wrote:
> Hi all,
> someting strange append when I tried to make my pickled green tomatoes. I
> put garlic into pots and after
> less than one week, my garlic came blue... Have you seen that before.
> Please if you know what's append
> teel me because for now I want to put all in the garbage...
> Thanks in advance,
> loui

Garlic does that sometimes. It's harmless. It's caused by a chemical
reaction between the vinegar and enzymes in immature garlic. It can turn
blue, purple or green. If it's a really *vivid* blue, it might mean your
water contains high levels of copper. (Also usually not a problem.)

Don't worry about it. Pretend it's supposed to look like that.

Best regards,
Bob

Jack Schidt®

"zxcvbob" > wrote in message

> Don't worry about it. Pretend it's supposed to look like that.

Best advice I've heard yet. Trouble is I'm too busy pretending that I'm
supposed to look like I do.

Jack Mirror

zxcvbob

Jack Schidt® wrote:
> "zxcvbob" > wrote in message
>
>>Don't worry about it. Pretend it's supposed to look like that.

> Best advice I've heard yet. Trouble is I'm too busy pretending that I'm
> supposed to look like I do.
>
> Jack Mirror

Like we say in the software business, "If you can't fix it, feature it."

Best regards,
Bob

Bob Pastorio

zxcvbob wrote:

> Jack Schidt=AE wrote:
>=20
>> "zxcvbob" > wrote in message
>>
>>> Don't worry about it. Pretend it's supposed to look like that.

>> Best advice I've heard yet. Trouble is I'm too busy pretending that I=

'm
>> supposed to look like I do.
>>
>> Jack Mirror
>>

> Like we say in the software business, "If you can't fix it, feature it.=

"

In MBA school, they told us that there are no flaws; only assets.=20
That's why there are marketing departments. They tell you about the,=20
um, assets.

Pastorio

Blue garlic [email protected] General Cooking 4 05-04-2015 05:25 PM
blue garlic :) Kathi[_2_] Preserving 0 20-09-2014 04:18 PM
In 2008, Blue Bottle Coffee turned heads in San Francisco when it unveiled a halogen-powered siphon bar. On Saturday, Blue Bottle will introduce New York to the theatrical coffeemaker when it opens its newest shop in a former loading dock on the grou `.@...' Coffee 0 19-02-2012 10:26 PM
Blue garlic in pickle jar Paul M. Cook General Cooking 9 29-07-2010 04:51 AM
OT; Blue Cross Blue Sield Dimitri General Cooking 3 14-02-2010 05:38 AM