HaJo Schatz

hutchndi wrote:
> Sourdough starter. Very sticky. Has anyone ever tryed using it as a deep fry
> batter? I have tried in the past to come up with something that sticks to
> jalepenos to make "hot poppers" (jalepenos stuffed with mozzerela, battered
> and deep fried) but my attempts (never with sourdough) were always rewarded
> with the batter sliding off the peppers. I had pretty much given up,
> thinking about trying again.

A proper _Sour_ Dough used as batter will probably leave your jalapenos
behind in the dust and pull your mouth all the way up to behind where
your ears are attached to your head. If you ever stuck your finger into
SD starter and licked it off, you wouldn't want to try above recipe I
guess...

> Just taking a shot here.

Yepp, a serious one ;-)

PS: But then they make this refreshing drink out of SD in Russia. Maybe
that's more like a path to follow?