Nobody but us chickens

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chuck"

Do anyone have a full proof fluffily biscuit recipe
My biscuit making is/was hit and miss for no reason that I could find.
I could make 3 batches the same, from same bag of flour, same
temperatures etc and one batch would be great, the other two just eatable..

there used to be a fast food restuarant called bojangles in our area that
served
biscuits & stuff. don't know if they're still around. anyway, the biscuits
were
really good & a recipe was printed in the newspaper - found the clipping.

BOJANGLES BISCUITS
3 cups self-rising flour
3 teaspons baking powder
2 teaspons powdered sugar
1/2 cup solid vegetable shortening
1 1/4 cup buttermilk
Mix dry ingredients, cut in shortening, then stir in buttermilk. Knead
a few times, roll out, and cut into biscuits. Bake in 450-degree oven
for 12 minutes. Brush with butter.

(i remember not having buttermilk so i did the vinegar in milk thing)