Chuck

On Sat, 03 Sep 2005 20:02:40 GMT, "Vox Humana" >
wrote:

>"Chuck" > wrote in message
>news
>> On Sat, 27 Aug 2005 23:58:30 -0700, "william6969"
>> > wrote:
>>
>> >Do anyone have a full proof fluffily biscuit recipe
>> >

>> My biscuit making is/was hit and miss for no reason that I could find.
>> I could make 3 batches the same, from same bag of flour, same
>> temperatures etc and one batch would be great, the other two just
>> eatable..
>>
>> If you want it to be REALY fool proof...
>>
>> I now use frozen biscuit dough and focus my efforts on the rest of the
>> meal. Try different brands... these are not the same as "canned
>> biscuit dough"
>> You cook them while still frozen, and can cook exactly as many as you
>> need. Using parchment paper is a must for the brand I use..
>> You would never suspect these were not made from scratch.
>>
>> My biggest problem with home made biscuits is timing the rest of the
>> meal to be done when the biscuits are..
>> (well.. that problem effects ALL my cooking)
>> Cold food, overdone food.. I don't see how grandma' did it all..and
>> without a measuring cup..
>> Chuck

>Like I said before, biscuits are mostly technique. You won't improve your
>technique by using frozen dough. If that's what you like, then so be it but
>I can't see recommending that choice for people who post on a newsgroup
>about baking.

I stand corrected... and no one should ever mention "store bought"
filo dough on here either...

>Biscuits take about 5 minutes to make and another 10-15 minutes to bake.
>Therefore, you start making them about 20 minutes before you want to serve
>them. While they are best if you can put them right into the oven after
>making them, with the use of double acting baking power, you can park them
>for a short time before baking them if need be.

I'm just jealous of those (like my grandmother) who can make them by
the look or feel of the dough as to what needs to be added.. and never
have a bad batch..
She did have the benefit or curse of having to make them almost every
day... I've never practiced that much.. Just made them till I got it
right a few times to prove I could.. then quit. I was on a strict diet
at the time..