Brick

On 2-Sep-2005, Grizzly > wrote:

> A pal o' mine said that he once had barbequed beef ribs and that they
> were some of the best food he'd ever eaten.
>
> He described them as being more...prime-rib-ish than barbequed
> pork-ribs-ish: almost no sauce, not a really strong rub, etc.
>
> Anyway, I just got a rack of beef ribs and want to try them this
> weekend to surprise him (he did me a big favor a few weeks back and I
> owe him one! ). Any suggestions on best rubs to use, cooking time
> and/or temp (I'm using a Big Green Egg), wood to use and sauce (if
> any) to use?
>
> Thanks in advance!

I cook them just like I cook spares Grizzly. I get the kind that have long
flat bones, about 5 - 6" long and 1"wide with considerable meat and fat
around and between the bones. Mine come out sloppy with grease and
get all over everything when you eat them. But, they are great with a lot
of taste of their own. They need very little seasoning if any beyond S & P.
You can cook at any temp from ~200°F to 375°F with little difference in
results other then cooking time. I've been cooking just about everything
at 275° to 325° lately. Nobody complains about the product and nothing
lasts very long.
--
The Brick said that (Don't bother to agree with me, I have already changed my mind.)