The Ranger

wrote in message
[snip]
> Beef Short Ribs September 28, 2000
>
> Marinade
>
> 2 cups soy sauce
> 2 cup Jack Daniels
> 1 cup Sriracha sauce

Holy crow! 1 cup? That brings blisters to my tongue just reading it.

> 1/2 cup oyster sauce

Is there a viable substitute to this ingredient since three of the five
Clan Ranger members are highly allergic to oysters and oyster sauce?

> [..] While they're resting, add some ketchup and
> a little honey to the remaining marinade, reduce and
> use it as a dip.

Why would you add ketchup? Body for the dip? I can understand the honey
giving it another level of complexity but what if you added it earlier
(as a part of the marinade)? Or would the sugar caramelize and burn
during the smoking process?

The Ranger