Edwin Pawlowski

> wrote in message
ups.com...
>I have been considering getting one of these Foodsavers (the $199 model
> with lots of goodies) to see if it would help save us some time and
> money. I have lots of time, and would not mind cooking all day for 2
> or 3 days if I could to make sure I had enough food ready to reheat
> quickly in the future. If I mainly store foods like spaghetti, pork
> chops, bacon, eggs, sausage, homemade pizza slices, rice, chinese type
> foods, etc, would they all keep relatively the same amount of time, and
> any estimates to what this time may be? Also, when I would decide to
> reheat a meal, would they all reheat the same way? Microwaving, or do
> I remember seeing in the infomercial they they were boil safe?
>
> Thanks for any information!

Most foods will keep 3 to 5 times longer, sometimes even more than ju st
plaiin wrapping. I'm not sure how you'd vacuum seal eggs and reheat them
though. Pork chops would probably last a couple of weeks with no problem.
I've has vacuum sealed meat in the freezer for two years and it was as good
as the day it was cooked.