Plug

>>can i successfully freeze cooked whole grain rice. and if i have some
>>that
>>i say wish to eat tomorrow that i have just cooked am i best keeping it
>>at
>>room temperature of put it in the fridge.

> I /believe/ that cooked rice is meant to be 'dangerous' to leave
> at room temperature .....

Reheated cooked rice needs to be treated with respect because it can cause
nasty food poisoning. If you intend to freeze it, let it cool down in the
fridge, then freeze as soon as it has cooled. Reheat in a microwave and
make sure it is very hot before you eat it. In cool weather, the risk is
not so great, but during hot weather or in a hot kitchen, when bacteria can
multiply very quickly, it can be dangerous. It does not taste "off" so
don't use that as an indicator. FWIW I never eat rice at a buffet in the
summer.
Deb