Melba's Jammin'

In article >, Wayne Boatwright
> wrote:

> On Thu 25 Aug 2005 12:55:21p, Melba's Jammin' wrote in
> rec.food.preserving:
>
> > The good news: I placed in 10 of the 20 canning lots I entered and 1
> > of
> > the 3 baking lots. There really isn't any *bad* news.

> This is not *news*! It is yet another repeat of an annual event which
> we've
> all come to expect.
>
> What would have been news, is if you hand't won anything. Perish the
> thought, 'cause that would never happen.
>
> C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S !!!

Thank you, Wayne. I was in line for the bus and talking to a friend on
the phone - I had her checking the results online (they weren't up yet
while I was still at home) and as soon as she said I had a blue ribbon
for the blackberry jelly, I stopped her. I could hold my head up. "-)
I've no doubt the day will come when I don't win diddly. There are lot
of new canners and exhibitors, I think -- many of the prizewinners'
names were unfamiliar to me. Good on them!
--
-Barb, <http://www.jamlady.eboard.com> Several notes since 8/18/05