Mike Avery

Faye wrote:

>Thanks Mike for this information.Probably my friend did copy the
>ingredients correct but I will ask her to make sure. I'm not
>experienced enough to translate this into cups or ounces so if you
>could help me out a little further I sure would appreciate it. Like how
>many ounces a gram is. I know this probably has been discussed here but
>I just joined this group.

Sadly, not really. Water is easy. It's about 240 grams per cup. I'd
use 3 teaspoons of the 19 gram ingredients, 2 of the 14 gram ingredients.

However, flour is another matter altogether. In some tests run in
different baking groups we found that "a cup of flour" could vary by as
much as 50% from one person to another. How the flour is packed into
the cup is what makes the difference. Water doesn't pack. Granulated
solids do.

There are about 30 grams per ounce of weight. To ounce of volume is
another matter. Check your flour sack, they should have some sort of
information on the side with the nutritional information that will say
something like, "One serving = 1/4 cup (30 grams)" And from there, you
can do the math. (Note, those were numbers pulled out of... ahhh... the
air for demonstration purposes. Check your sack.)

If your bread is too wet, add flour; if its too dry, add water.

Good luck,
Mike

--
....The irony is that Bill Gates claims to be making a stable operating
system and Linus Torvaldis claims to be trying to take over the world...

Mike Avery mavery at mail dot otherwhen dot com
home baker ICQ 16241692
networking guru AIM mavery81230
wordsmith Yahoo mavery81230