BigBob

> wrote in message
oups.com...

> ..snip..snip
> If you do get the SFB, I recommend adding a steel baffle between the
> main body and the SFB. My neighbor made one for mine that hangs on the
> inside of the main body, over the side next to the SFB. That way, I can
> remove it to make adjustments to it, and to clean the main body.

Hey Jim - Quick question.... I'm using the CharGriller with the SFB and have
been pretty pleased with it. I've added the chimney extension but I'm
curious about the baffle. Are you using the baffle to deflect direct heat?
I've had some problems with that on mine. I've inverted the fire pan in the
main chamber, which helped some but not enough. I'd appreciate any details
on your baffle - what's it made of, how did you hang it, etc. I'm not a
metal worker, but I'd like to jury-rig something. Thanks,
Bob