Chari

In article >,
says...

> "stiko" > wrote in message
> > Here we have lots of sweets made with filo pastry. Some of them have the
> > sheets of filo quite crisp (though bathing in syrup) and "separate" from
> > one another. I have read that when layering them one can use breadcrumbs
> > to keep them separate. Is that so? Any other trick to achieve this result?
> > Thnx Stiko
> >

> Try Semolina.
>
> -------
> Trebor
> -------

My baklava recipe calls for a brush of melted butter between sheets of
phyllo. I've always baked the phyllo/nut portion, then poured the syrup
over it once it's out of the oven.

Perhaps the experienced bakers on the list can explain why this would
produce separate, flaky layers.

Not a low-calorie option, but it works.