cathyxyz

sf wrote:
> On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 20:29:20 +0200, cathyxyz wrote:
>

>> I doubt it. This was one of my "lazy" dishes. It involved a can of
>> "cream of mushroom soup" ..... <cathy puts on her flak-jacket>

> No flak from me. What do you do? Just pour it over and bake?

Sort of... (sorry for the delayed reply - we are 6 hours ahead of you,
so I missed your post last night).

This is the "official" recipe... You need 4 chicken breasts, a can of
mushroom soup, some fresh mushrooms (about 250 grams, sautéed) and 1/4
cup of dry sherry. And a cup of sour cream.

Don't forget the minced garlic - I use about 3 teaspoons worth - this
was my idea <evil grin>.

Place the chicken pieces in an oven proof dish and sprinkle with
paprika. Combine the soup, sour cream, mushrooms, garlic and sherry.
Then spoon this over the chicken and bake it at 375 deg for about an hour.

I have done some variations on this. Depends what I have on hand. I
have used fresh cream, or you can use white wine instead of sherry for
example. DH finds a whole cup of cream a bit rich, so you can use less
cream and more soup... it's up to you. Another recipe I have just says
to use the mushrooms raw - they cook in the oven anyway. I have tried
both methods and the mushroom were fine either way.

--
Cheers
Cathy(xyz)

Tomatoes and oregano make it Italian; wine and tarragon make it French.
Sour cream makes it Russian; lemon and cinnamon make it Greek. Soy sauce
makes it Chinese; garlic makes it good.

Alice May Brock