sf

Default today is my anniversary

and I forgot all about it... I was at a training session all week.
Went shoe shopping afterward class today and didn't think about it
until after I'd already had dinner out with a friend. 50 lashes with
a wet noodle for me!

Tomorrow is another day and more conducive to celebrating anyway.

TGIF tomorrow!
Damsel

sf > said:

> and I forgot all about it... I was at a training session all week.
> Went shoe shopping afterward class today and didn't think about it
> until after I'd already had dinner out with a friend. 50 lashes with
> a wet noodle for me!
>
> Tomorrow is another day and more conducive to celebrating anyway.
>
> TGIF tomorrow!

Happy anniversary to you and your other half! How many years?

Carol
Wayne Boatwright

On Thu 11 Aug 2005 09:35:14p, sf wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> and I forgot all about it... I was at a training session all week.
> Went shoe shopping afterward class today and didn't think about it
> until after I'd already had dinner out with a friend. 50 lashes with
> a wet noodle for me!

Screwed up again, huh, sf? Did your husband remember?

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0532-3, 08/10/2005
Tested on: 8/11/2005 10:08:58 PM

sf

On 12 Aug 2005 07:14:15 +0200, Wayne Boatwright wrote:

> Screwed up again, huh, sf? Did your husband remember?

I have a feeling he did by the tone of his voice, but he claimed to
have forgotten too. At least he let me off the proverbial hook over
it. LOL!
sf

On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 23:58:04 -0500, Damsel wrote:

> Happy anniversary to you and your other half! How many years?

Thanks... it's 32 years. I'm as surprised as anyone that I've been
married this long, mainly because I never thought I'd be this age.
LOL

Wayne Boatwright

On Thu 11 Aug 2005 10:16:48p, sf wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> On 12 Aug 2005 07:14:15 +0200, Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>
>> Screwed up again, huh, sf? Did your husband remember?

> I have a feeling he did by the tone of his voice, but he claimed to
> have forgotten too. At least he let me off the proverbial hook over
> it. LOL!

Have a great time tomorrow night, sf. Go somewhere special!

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0532-3, 08/10/2005
Tested on: 8/11/2005 10:21:15 PM

sf

On 12 Aug 2005 07:26:32 +0200, Wayne Boatwright wrote:

> On Thu 11 Aug 2005 10:16:48p, sf wrote in rec.food.cooking:
>
> > On 12 Aug 2005 07:14:15 +0200, Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> >
> >> Screwed up again, huh, sf? Did your husband remember?

> > I have a feeling he did by the tone of his voice, but he claimed to
> > have forgotten too. At least he let me off the proverbial hook over
> > it. LOL!

> Have a great time tomorrow night, sf. Go somewhere special!

Will do, thanks!

sf
-L.

sf wrote:
> Thanks... it's 32 years. I'm as surprised as anyone that I've been
> married this long, mainly because I never thought I'd be this age.
> LOL

Congrats! 32 years is a long time.

-L.

Nexis

"sf" > wrote in message
> and I forgot all about it... I was at a training session all week.
> Went shoe shopping afterward class today and didn't think about it
> until after I'd already had dinner out with a friend. 50 lashes with
> a wet noodle for me!
>
> Tomorrow is another day and more conducive to celebrating anyway.
>
> TGIF tomorrow!

Happy Anniversary Cheers to you and your love.

kimberly

Andy

http://tinyurl.com/8vyoz

Pandora

"Nexis" > ha scritto nel messaggio

> "sf" > wrote in message
>> and I forgot all about it... I was at a training session all week.
>> Went shoe shopping afterward class today and didn't think about it
>> until after I'd already had dinner out with a friend. 50 lashes with
>> a wet noodle for me!
>>
>> Tomorrow is another day and more conducive to celebrating anyway.
>>
>> TGIF tomorrow!

> Happy Anniversary Cheers to you and your love.
>
> kimberly

YES! I quote! Happy anniversary to you and your love.
from
Pandora & the cats

jmcquown

sf wrote:
> On 12 Aug 2005 07:14:15 +0200, Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>
>> Screwed up again, huh, sf? Did your husband remember?

> I have a feeling he did by the tone of his voice, but he claimed to
> have forgotten too. At least he let me off the proverbial hook over
> it. LOL!

My mom told me, by the time you get to 30 years, who cares?
Happy Anniversary!

Jill

Dee Randall

"sf" > wrote in message
> On 12 Aug 2005 07:26:32 +0200, Wayne Boatwright wrote:

>> > I have a feeling he did by the tone of his voice, but he claimed to
>> > have forgotten too. At least he let me off the proverbial hook over
>> > it. LOL!

>> Have a great time tomorrow night, sf. Go somewhere special!

> Will do, thanks!
>
> sf

My husband and I went thru a spell during and between the 10th and and 20th
year, that we both hardly remembered. Now we're back in sync. It's a busy
world during those years.
I think we should've gotten married someother time than in March. Perhaps
we should retake our vows -- yeah, right. We could hardly pull ourselves to
the aisle the first time, I don't think dynamite would get us there again --
tee hee.
Happy Anniversary -- may they all be remembered!
Dee Dee

Dee Randall

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 23:58:04 -0500, Damsel wrote:
>>
>> Happy anniversary to you and your other half! How many years?
>>

> Thanks... it's 32 years. I'm as surprised as anyone that I've been
> married this long, mainly because I never thought I'd be this age.
> LOL

That's exactly how long I have been married this year. Yesterday I had to go
to get a Pulmonary Function Test for a dry cough. The guy was a real
stand-up comedian and we laughed all the time when I wasn't doing the test.
At first when he said, "And your age is 70." I could hardly restrain myself
from just giggling, giggling, giggling. It struck me sooo funny to hear
that, as if it didn't apply to me. I know of what you speak, when you said
"I never thought I'd be this age." It's still darned fun!
Dee Dee

Curly Sue

On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 21:35:14 -0700, sf > wrote:

>and I forgot all about it... I was at a training session all week.
>Went shoe shopping afterward class today and didn't think about it
>until after I'd already had dinner out with a friend. 50 lashes with
>a wet noodle for me!
>
>Tomorrow is another day and more conducive to celebrating anyway.
>
>TGIF tomorrow!

Congratulations and I hope you have a great celebration!

Sue(tm)

Sheldon

sf wrote:
> and I forgot all about it... I was at a training session all week.
> Went shoe shopping afterward class today and didn't think about it
> until after I'd already had dinner out with a friend. 50 lashes with
> a wet noodle for me!

Hehe, so what's a little tetch of alzheimers when you're 50... it'll
all come back to you tonight... congrats and have fun!

Sheldon

Chris

"sf" > wrote in message
> and I forgot all about it... I was at a training session all week.
> Went shoe shopping afterward class today and didn't think about it
> until after I'd already had dinner out with a friend. 50 lashes with
> a wet noodle for me!

Congrats on the 32 years. Have a great celebration!

And THANK YOU for reminding me that my anniversary (12th) is coming up
in two weeks. We've been busy entertaining and helping out friends, and
I haven't given it a thought. But I will make reservations for that
weekend...or maybe we'll celebrate some time in September instead.

Shaun aRe

"sf" > wrote in message
> and I forgot all about it... I was at a training session all week.
> Went shoe shopping afterward class today and didn't think about it
> until after I'd already had dinner out with a friend. 50 lashes with
> a wet noodle for me!
>
> Tomorrow is another day and more conducive to celebrating anyway.
>
> TGIF tomorrow!

HAAAPPPPYYYY ANIVERSARY SF and S/O!!!!!!

I think you better stop smoking those J's yaknow - plays havoc with the
memory ',;~}~

Shaun aRe
--
The use of absolutes is never appropriate.

Dimitri

"sf" > wrote in message
> and I forgot all about it... I was at a training session all week.
> Went shoe shopping afterward class today and didn't think about it
> until after I'd already had dinner out with a friend. 50 lashes with
> a wet noodle for me!
>
> Tomorrow is another day and more conducive to celebrating anyway.
>
> TGIF tomorrow!

What kind and how long?

Then I'll know whether to send congratulations or condolences.

:-)

Dimitri

Curly Sue

On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 22:22:48 -0700, sf > wrote:

>On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 23:58:04 -0500, Damsel wrote:
>>
>> Happy anniversary to you and your other half! How many years?
>>

>Thanks... it's 32 years. I'm as surprised as anyone that I've been
>married this long, mainly because I never thought I'd be this age.
>LOL

32 years--- you're just getting warmed up!

Think about the next 50 years:
http://tinyurl.com/8kon7

Sue(tm)

Ranee Mueller

In article >,
sf > wrote:

> and I forgot all about it... I was at a training session all week.
> Went shoe shopping afterward class today and didn't think about it
> until after I'd already had dinner out with a friend. 50 lashes with
> a wet noodle for me!
>
> Tomorrow is another day and more conducive to celebrating anyway.
>
> TGIF tomorrow!

That's why we got married on a holiday. No forgetting. Happy
Anniversary!

Regards,
Ranee

Remove do not & spam to e-mail me.

http://arabianknits.blogspot.com/
S'mee [AKA Jani]

One time on Usenet, sfpipeline_at_gmail.com said:

> and I forgot all about it... I was at a training session all week.
> Went shoe shopping afterward class today and didn't think about it
> until after I'd already had dinner out with a friend. 50 lashes with
> a wet noodle for me!
>
> Tomorrow is another day and more conducive to celebrating anyway.
>
> TGIF tomorrow!

Congrats, Barb -- have a great time celebrating tonight! :-)

--
Jani in WA (S'mee)
~ mom, VidGamer, novice cook, dieter ~
sf

On Fri, 12 Aug 2005 14:03:19 GMT, Chris wrote:

> "sf" > wrote in message
> > and I forgot all about it... I was at a training session all week.
> > Went shoe shopping afterward class today and didn't think about it
> > until after I'd already had dinner out with a friend. 50 lashes with
> > a wet noodle for me!
> >

> Congrats on the 32 years. Have a great celebration!
>
> And THANK YOU for reminding me that my anniversary (12th) is coming up
> in two weeks. We've been busy entertaining and helping out friends, and
> I haven't given it a thought. But I will make reservations for that
> weekend...or maybe we'll celebrate some time in September instead.

How I remembered was really embarrassing... I was sitting in my
livingroom with the friend I had dinner with. She commented on the
oil painting I have hanging over my fireplace and I was in the middle
of telling her that our was 25th anniversary present to each other -
I remembered in MIDSENTENCE. My hands flew up into the air as I said
"Our anniversary is TODAY!" You should have seen the shocked look on
her face when she whispered "How could you forget????" and got out of
the house as fast as she could without actually running. LOL! I'm
not a big on pomp and circumstance, so I like Jill's mom's attitude.
However, we did promise each other not to forget next year.

So, make those reservations early Chris. You'll be glad you did!

Debbie

"sf" > wrote in message
| and I forgot all about it... I was at a training session all week.
| Went shoe shopping afterward class today and didn't think about it
| until after I'd already had dinner out with a friend. 50 lashes with
| a wet noodle for me!
|
| Tomorrow is another day and more conducive to celebrating anyway.

Happy Anniversary!

Debbie

sf

On Sat, 13 Aug 2005 21:12:12 -0700, Pixmaker wrote:

> You have made a horrible mistake!

Yep... fortunately it didn't ruin my marriage. LOL

sf
<still red faced over that gaff>

cathyxyz

sf wrote:
> and I forgot all about it... I was at a training session all week.
> Went shoe shopping afterward class today and didn't think about it
> until after I'd already had dinner out with a friend. 50 lashes with
> a wet noodle for me!
>
> Tomorrow is another day and more conducive to celebrating anyway.
>
> TGIF tomorrow!

Sorry for the late response, (I can't keep up with this group) but Happy
Anniversary, albeit belated. Don't feel too guilty, did the same thing
myself this year. You are sentenced to a year's hard cooking <nudge,
nudge, wink, wink)

ObFood: chicken and mushroom casserole tonight, with plenty garlic, of
course.

--
Cheers
Cathy(xyz)
sf

Thanks Cathy!

On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 17:40:37 +0200, cathyxyz wrote:

> ObFood: chicken and mushroom casserole tonight, with plenty garlic, of
> course.

Recipe please? I was going to make a chicken enchalida casserole
tonight, but maybe I'll switch.

cathyxyz

sf wrote:
> Thanks Cathy!

My pleasure.

> On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 17:40:37 +0200, cathyxyz wrote:
>

>> ObFood: chicken and mushroom casserole tonight, with plenty garlic, of
>> course.

> Recipe please? I was going to make a chicken enchalida casserole
> tonight, but maybe I'll switch.

I doubt it. This was one of my "lazy" dishes. It involved a can of
"cream of mushroom soup" ..... <cathy puts on her flak-jacket>

--
Cheers - who thinks that your original plan sounds much better
Cathy(xyz)
sf

On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 20:29:20 +0200, cathyxyz wrote:

> I doubt it. This was one of my "lazy" dishes. It involved a can of
> "cream of mushroom soup" ..... <cathy puts on her flak-jacket>

No flak from me. What do you do? Just pour it over and bake?

If I make King Ranch Chicken the way the recipe reads... it uses a can
of mushroom soup too. If I nuked or poached some chicken breasts for
it, I'd go the canned soup route, but when I simmer a whole chicken -
it's a shame to waste that broth.
cathyxyz

sf wrote:
> On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 20:29:20 +0200, cathyxyz wrote:
>

>> I doubt it. This was one of my "lazy" dishes. It involved a can of
>> "cream of mushroom soup" ..... <cathy puts on her flak-jacket>

> No flak from me. What do you do? Just pour it over and bake?

Sort of... (sorry for the delayed reply - we are 6 hours ahead of you,
so I missed your post last night).

This is the "official" recipe... You need 4 chicken breasts, a can of
mushroom soup, some fresh mushrooms (about 250 grams, sautéed) and 1/4
cup of dry sherry. And a cup of sour cream.

Don't forget the minced garlic - I use about 3 teaspoons worth - this
was my idea <evil grin>.

Place the chicken pieces in an oven proof dish and sprinkle with
paprika. Combine the soup, sour cream, mushrooms, garlic and sherry.
Then spoon this over the chicken and bake it at 375 deg for about an hour.

I have done some variations on this. Depends what I have on hand. I
have used fresh cream, or you can use white wine instead of sherry for
example. DH finds a whole cup of cream a bit rich, so you can use less
cream and more soup... it's up to you. Another recipe I have just says
to use the mushrooms raw - they cook in the oven anyway. I have tried
both methods and the mushroom were fine either way.

> If I make King Ranch Chicken the way the recipe reads... it uses a can
> of mushroom soup too. If I nuked or poached some chicken breasts for
> it, I'd go the canned soup route, but when I simmer a whole chicken -
> it's a shame to waste that broth.

--
Cheers
Cathy(xyz)

Tomatoes and oregano make it Italian; wine and tarragon make it French.
Sour cream makes it Russian; lemon and cinnamon make it Greek. Soy sauce
makes it Chinese; garlic makes it good.

Alice May Brock

sf

On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 09:57:33 +0200, cathyxyz wrote:

> sf wrote:
> > On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 20:29:20 +0200, cathyxyz wrote:
> >

> >> I doubt it. This was one of my "lazy" dishes. It involved a can of
> >> "cream of mushroom soup" ..... <cathy puts on her flak-jacket>

> > No flak from me. What do you do? Just pour it over and bake?

> Sort of... (sorry for the delayed reply - we are 6 hours ahead of you,
> so I missed your post last night).
>
> This is the "official" recipe... You need 4 chicken breasts, a can of
> mushroom soup, some fresh mushrooms (about 250 grams, sautéed) and 1/4
> cup of dry sherry. And a cup of sour cream.
>
> Don't forget the minced garlic - I use about 3 teaspoons worth - this
> was my idea <evil grin>.
>
> Place the chicken pieces in an oven proof dish and sprinkle with
> paprika. Combine the soup, sour cream, mushrooms, garlic and sherry.
> Then spoon this over the chicken and bake it at 375 deg for about an hour.
>
> I have done some variations on this. Depends what I have on hand. I
> have used fresh cream, or you can use white wine instead of sherry for
> example. DH finds a whole cup of cream a bit rich, so you can use less
> cream and more soup... it's up to you. Another recipe I have just says
> to use the mushrooms raw - they cook in the oven anyway. I have tried
> both methods and the mushroom were fine either way.

The original version sounds like a total winner to me, so I think I'll
make it this week. YUM and thanks!

cathyxyz

sf wrote:

> The original version sounds like a total winner to me, so I think I'll
> make it this week. YUM and thanks!

No problemo, as they say. Enjoy!

--
Cheers