usual suspect

cricket wrote:
<...>
> i don't know if i want to buy any meat. i am going to school for cullinary
> and i can cook meat, i just prefer not to. if they want to bring it and cook
> it that is ok, but i wanted to be able to provide them with an alternative,
> i see your point about not lecturing but half my family is married in
> italians, so food and heated disscussion goes hand in hand.

And least you're open enough to let them bring their own meat. Most of
the other vegans here would have a fit about that. What alternative did
you have in mind that they would enjoy and you can live with? Consider a
DIY kebab buffet where you provide the veggies, grill, and skewers and
your family brings in whatever meat(s) they desire. Or something like
that. Go by their familiarity rather than your peculiarity. That way
everyone will partake of the same things, just differently.